Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Movies

Okay it's rare that I update my favorite movie list. It's hard to
make it on there - none of this Dirty Hairy or James Bond shit. Deep films with deep emotion and plot and usually artsy in one way or another. Here's how it looked:


1. Immortal Beloved
2. Dolores Claiborne

3. Shawshank Redemption

4. The Green Mile (yes it appears that I DO have a thing for stephen king movies)

5. The Life of David Gale

6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

7. Everything is Illuminated

8. Sophie Scholl (German film about The White Rose Papers)

9. The Joy Luck Club

10. Nirgendwo in Afrika (German film - won best foreign film Oscar)

11. Shattered Glass

12. Children of a Lesser God

13. The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio

and now 14. Lars and the Real Girl
Anyway tonight I watched one that is close to making it on the list. Lars and the Real Girl. Seriously, watch it people. I don't know why but it just really hit me. I think it's amazing that sometimes to make someone normal you have to join them in their crazy. Maybe it takes a village to raise a child but sometimes certainly it takes one to heal a grown man. Wow! Just...wow. Go rent it, I'm going to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment